fish plant worker
Source: Job Bank
Mary's Harbour, NL
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Will train
Work site environment
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Condition fish filets for wrapping or freezing
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Set up and operate machines to can, bag, box or otherwise package fish and seafood products
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Work in a team with shared supervisory responsibilities
- Read and interpret specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- As per collective agreement
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site housing options
- Other benefits
- Team building opportunities
- Work Term: Seasonal
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 30 to 50 hours per week
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.