early childhood educator (ECE)
Source: Job Bank
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Child care centre
- Nursery school
- Rural area
- Before and after school programs
- Willing to relocate
- Day care centre or nursery school
- Bathe, diaper and feed infants and toddlers
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties
- Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
- Knowledge of Day Nurseries Act
- Knowledge of licensing regulations
- Establish guidelines for behaviour
- Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) Certificate
- Child development assistant (ECE level 1)
- Emergency child care first aid and CPR
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Criminal record check
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Child welfare check
- Immunization records
- Tuberculosis test
- Vulnerable sector check
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Ability to multitask
- Client focus
- Quick learner
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
- Free parking available
- Team building opportunities
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.