Source: Job Bank
Blacks Harbour, NB
$18.54 to $20.60 hourly (to be negotiated)
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 80 to 100 hours bi-weekly
- Education: No degree, certificate or diploma
- Experience: Experience an asset
Work site environment
- In/on water
- Fish farm
- Feed aquaculture stock
- Cull, mark or tag stock and report stock irregularities
- Operate, maintain and clean pumps, filters and other aquaculture equipment
- Clean and maintain aquaculture enclosures
- Assist aquaculture technicians in the operation of fish hatcheries or other aquatic farms
- Grade and weigh aquaculture stocks
- Repair nets, splice ropes and maintain fishing gear and other deck equipment
Type of aquaculture operations
- Aquaculture — salmon
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Own transportation
- Public transportation is not available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Pension plan
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Important: We can't guarantee the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of this opportunity because it comes from an external website.